Tuesday, June 3, 2008

On The Decline (25-Mar-1992)

Here is the journal entry that precedes this poem although I'm not sure if there is a specific event that prompted these thoughts:

"I fear the country has reached critical mass. How many years before the sand castle collapses? I cannot say. I am afraid; for my way of life; for my future; for my children. There are guns in the schools, drive-by-shootings, and rampant selfishness. We waste our money and the people are too stupid to understand the problems or too self-centered to listen."

Fast forward to now: the more things change, the more they remain the same.

On The Decline


So you watch the decline
You can’t see the bottom
You feel the fall
You can only partake

Knowing you are past The Point
There is no one to listen
The decent quickens
You are a part of the experience

Aware of the futility
Time has lost all meaning
Darkness closes in
It is here
So you watch the decline

No comments: