Tuesday, April 22, 2008

When (25-Mar-1986)

This is one of my my few attempts at very specialized formating. I have another but the formating got corrupted in the computer and I need to sort it out so that it makes sense.

When (Mar 25, 1986)

When we say When we tell
What we think Our thoughts inside
Then no longer Then no longer
Do we drink Do we ride
Of the fruit On that road
Which makes us shy Which steals our nerve
And restricts And robs us of
How high we fly. Our just deserves.

When ourselves
We let others know
Then no longer
Do we show
That mask which hides
Us from above
And keeps us from
Those we love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
paisley said...

nice form... i loved the sing songy nature of this

LA Nickers said...

I agree with Paisley. This has nice rhythm and meter and still somewhat of a stream-of-consciousness flow to it.

Blessings,
Linda

SIMPLY SNICKERS – weekly poetry prompts

Jane Doe said...

This is a great poem. I loved the format, it really added to the poem.