Thursday, March 27, 2008

Choices (27-Mar-2008)

Poetry is a funny thing. Some days you can't seem to write anything at all and others the words form in your mind when you aren't even trying. That happened to me today as I sat in ChickFilA. I have been wanting to write another pleiades so I seized the moment when these short snippets came to me. I need to keep track of the letters I have used because it seems like a natural thing to try and write 26 of them.

Choices


Crossroads are calling him;
Carelessly ignoring
Countless signs of loss;
Choosing a path of pain,
Congealed blood a stain
Covering his soul as
Crossroads are calling him.

3 comments:

paisley said...

you are well suited to this form.. you can make it say something,, and i think in form that is the most difficult part for me....

Unknown said...

Recognizing a crossroad when you are standing in it instead of just barreling forward blindly is a great thing.

poefusion said...

This is my favorite of the four pleiades. Everyone is faced with a crossroads at sometime in their lives and the choice isn't always an easy one. We sometimes take the wrong path hoping things will change even when they don't. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice day.