Monday, March 3, 2008

To Sleep (22-Sep-1995)

Here is the last in the Children series. I'm not convinced the series is over though and now that I am writing again, maybe I will be inspired to continue it.


Oh my sister, my kin.
Why do you torment me so?
Is it not enough that I have
given you my life.
We shared the earth at one time.
We walked together on its fertile soil.
Then came the night.
It covered us and when I awoke
you were gone.
Long have I searched and yet
you hide from me.
You refuse to leave the night.
And like the shadows, you darken my heart.
Please come home;
I am waiting.

2 comments:

paisley said...

are you searching for human impossibility.. consciousness coinciding with sleep.. i have to wonder how viable a union that could ever be... very thought provoking.....

Jane Doe said...

Please do continue with these poems. I love the first three. I love the line that says 'And like the shadows, you darken my heart.' Great, great writing. Thank you for sharing. And for your comment on my blog. I think I like the second one better too.

Have a great day!
Jane